Dr. Alleyne is Chief Medical Officer for the games that begin July 10 and go through August 15, but preparation has being going on for many months in advance of the event itself. This is not the first time that Dr. Julia has been appointed to key a medical position in international sporting events. Dr Julia has served Team Canada in several capacities spanning more than 10 years of the Olympics.
- 2002 Salt Lake City Olympics (Core Team Physician)
- 2006 Torino Olympics (Assistant CMO and Core Team Physician)
- 2008 Beijing Olympics (Core Team Physician, Wellness centre lead)
- 2010 Vancouver Olympics (NSF Team Physician)
- 2012 London Olympics (Chief Medical Officer)
|Milton Velodrome - Photo credit: Ivan Heckman|
Dr. Woollam is himself an avid cyclist, enjoying annual cycling adventures in Europe and North America. "My contribution to the Pan Ams is a simple reflection of the passion that I have for both Cycling and for Sport Medicine. I am very pleased to make this contribution to the Games."
|Medical Team in the Volodrome at the Toronto Pan Am Games.|
|Dr. Woollam at the Milton Velodrome|